Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Looking for a new Technique?....Two below.....

These are my DT pages for MY LITTLE BIT OF WHIMSY
My first share is of my little girl and I found the perfect MY LITTLE BIT OF WHIMSY flower button to compliment the look of the page. Have you spotted it?
 For the scalloped circle effect: Place a large dinner plate upside down on the edge of Cardstock. Use a sea sponge/Kitchen Sponge and blot some paint around the edge of the Plate. When dry, loosley doodle the inside edge for definition.
 There it is....well done, you found it!

AMERICAN CRAFTS Thickers Alpha
ANNA GRIFFEN Floral paper
ECHO PARK VICTORIA GARDENS Papers, Die Cuts and Stickers.
PURPLE PUMPKIN Buttons, Champagne Flowers & Butchers Twine

This one is of one of my boys and his own special mohawk fringe thing he does for school every morning now. I have layered lots of photos and although hard to see, lots of machine stitch..
The MLBOW Maroon bird pin goes so well! Can you see it?
 Close up....there he is....
 For the Tie Dye Banner effect: Cut shapes out of a patterned Paper Towel. Careful turn the edges through a drop of Watery Ink or Colour wash. The Paper towel soaks up and creates a dark to light effect. I sprayed a quick layer of Acid free to ensure no damage to my page over time.

TIM HOLTZ Colourwash
PURPLE PUMPKIN Buttons & Butchers Twine
PINK PAISLEE alpha Stickers

TFL

1 comment:

Natalie Stewart said...

Some very cool techniques, I like. And super cute LO's.